[ovirt-users] Performance issue for GlusterFS as the block storage for VMs

Yue, Cong Cong_Yue at alliedtelesis.com
Thu Jan 15 17:57:23 UTC 2015

Hi

I have one question about whether GlusterFS is the suitable solution to be used as the block storage for VMs.
The failure tolerant and scalability is good for GlusterFS, but in my test, it seems the iops is pretty bad. In some blog, it said, it is even with worse performance than normal NFS.
Should I use iscsi+drbd for the block storage for VMs.
Can somebody give some advice for this?

Thanks,
Cong

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's e-mail System Administrator.