[ovirt-users] Put the engine inside hosts after installation

Mario Giammarco mgiammarco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:39:44 UTC 2015

Hello,
I would like to try ovirt with hosted engine installation.
I had so many problems (I have written them in another thread) so I will
not try anymore hosted installation (up and running with ovirt 3.5 tutorial)
But now I would try this approach: I install the engine on a dedicated
server or as a virtual machine in another kvm based virtualizator.

Now I create an ovirt cluster and use it.

Can I after that install change my mind and so move the engine as a vm in
the cluster?
Or can I install a new engine in the cluster and powerdown the first engine?

Thanks in advance for help,
Mario