[ovirt-users] Put the engine inside hosts after installation

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 10:16:06 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

oVirt 3.5.1 RC1 will be published today so, if everything runs as expected, oVirt 3.5.1 will be out in a few days. oVirt 3.5.1 should solve the issue you reported.

> But now I would try this approach: I install the engine on a dedicated server
> or as a virtual machine in another kvm based virtualizator.
>
> Now I create an ovirt cluster and use it.
>
> Can I after that install change my mind and so move the engine as a vm in the
> cluster?

As far as you maintain the same host name and a compatible network topology it should work without any hassle.

Keep present that hosted-engine also installs and configures ovirt-hosted-engine-ha daemon to ensure HA capabilities restarting the engine VM if the host witch runs the VM goes down.
In the setup you are proposing you are loosing that capability.