[ovirt-users] USB Modem in a VM

Martin Polednik mpolednik at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 10:37:11 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Hello,
One possibility might be the fact that libvirt itself doesn't have managed mode
for USB devices and I'm not sure virt-manager has the appropriate routine handled.

Could you try running
$ virsh nodedev-list
to find the correct usb device and then
# virsh nodedev-detach the_usb_device
or posibly nodedev-dettach if you run older libvirt?

After that, try starting VM with hostdev element added to XML.