[ovirt-users] Put the engine inside hosts after installation

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 11:37:20 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

Great, please help us reporting any other issue or strange thing.

> > Keep present that hosted-engine also installs and configures
> > ovirt-hosted-engine-ha daemon to ensure HA capabilities restarting the
> > engine VM if the host witch runs the VM goes down.
> > In the setup you are proposing you are loosing that capability.
> >

> I supposed the ha capability was offered by ovirt cluster. I need to
> investigate.

HA capability is provided for other VMs by oVirt engine. But who provide it if the engine itself is on a VM on the host that it's managing?
HA for the Engine VM needs to be managed by the hosts and not the Engine itself: so we have ovirt-hosted-engine-ha that ensure HA for the engine VM, the engine cloud than provide HA for other VMs.