[ovirt-users] Use dedicated I/O service domain in KVM

Yidao Liu zeroless.mvk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 04:08:09 UTC 2015

Hi, I want to use a dedicated guest VM to handle I/O request just as I/O
service domain used in xen.

Specifically, using network I/O as an example, I should directly assign the
NIC to one guest VM (using pci-assign option),  after that all other guest
VMs should perform network I/O through that VM rather than the host OS.

Is there currently any viable approach to do this?

If not, I want to implement one. Currently I'm thinking of combining
nahanni shared memory and vhost architecture to implement it, is there any
other suggestions?

Thanks for any help.