[ovirt-users] ovirt 3.5 and power outages

Kostyrev Aleksandr kostyrev at tutu.ru
Sun Jan 18 10:17:27 UTC 2015

good day, everybody!
I've got three node cluster with power management enabled.

As far as I understood to restart vms on the other host in the cluster
in case when host suffered from power outage
the engine has to be able to connect to host (specifically to vdsm) to
be sure that host has been rebooted and it's not running any vms.

But what if I'm running a lot of vms on the host and it's 3 o'clock in
the morning and
1) engine has rebooted the host but the host cannot boot because of some
hardware problem or new kernel gives a kernel panic?
2) the host's motherboard burned out and it cannot get booted

so the engine will never connect to host and therefore all the vms that
were running on that host won't migrate to other node in the cluster.
So my cluster in that case is useless 'cause I'm not there to press
"confirm host has been rebooted'.

--
С уважением,
Костырев Александр,