[ovirt-users] When will ovirt add GPU/vGPU support in the admin portal ?

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Mon Jan 19 14:45:01 UTC 2015

On 19.01.2015 12:24, Martin Polednik wrote:

> [...]
IMHO not quite in case of GPUs. I tested that recently with a
combination of EL7's new default VFIO support [1]. Two things could be
concluded working with Windows 7 guests and ATI Fire Pro GPUs:
- 'Old' PCI passthough unstable
- VFIO working and performing better (tested with Cinebench OpenGL [2],
about 98% of the bare metal performance)

As for the stability, the results with VFIO where better in this case.
The tricky part seems to be the driver installation in the guest, there
the mandatory device probe in the installer. While PCI passthough
resulted in Blue Screens, VFIO went though.

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/sites/default/files/pages/attachments/rhel_whatsnewrhel7beta_techoverview_.pdf
[2] http://www.maxon.net/products/cinebench/overview.html

which should be ready for oVirt 3.6. As for the vGPU, that will
> depend on technology used - SR-IOV would be supported along PCI passthrough,
> anything else might need additional work on our side.
>
> [1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/hostdev_passthrough
>
> mpolednik
>
>> Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,
>>
>> Jorick Astrego
>>
>> Netbulae Virtualization Experts
>>
>> ----------------
>>
>> 	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
>>   	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767