[ovirt-users] Remove Master Data Domain in oVirt 3.5.0

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 15:00:37 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 03:54 PM, s k wrote:
> I created a new Data Domain (detached from all the DCs) and clicked
> on 'Re-Initialize Data Center'.
>

> Now I'm able to select this Data Domain as the new Master. However when
> I select it and click OK I get the following error:
>

> Error while executing action: Cannot recover Data Center Storage.
> The relevant Storage Domain's status is Active.

as i said earlier, re-init DC is for emergency flow when your DC is down.
that's not your case.
you just need to deactivate the domain you don't want to be the master
domain (deactivate, not detach. you can probably detach if a 3.5 DC,
since it support re-attach. in <3.5 DC levels detach means "remove all
disks/VMs from that domain".