[ovirt-users] Host remains Non-Responsive after reboot

Rob Abshear rabshear at citytwist.net
Fri Jan 23 19:22:42 UTC 2015

I am running oVirt Engine Version 3.5.0.1-1.el6. I have 4 hosts in the cluster.
Each host has a drac5 and it is configured and working. I am trying to simulate
a node failure. I am running one HA VM on one of the hosts for testing. I
simulate the failure by powering off the host with the VM running.
Here is what is happening. * Host is powered off
 * ~4 minutes pass and the host is recognized as not responding
 * Automatic fence runs and the VM migrates.Another host in the node is chosen as a proxy to execute Status command on
   the host.
 * Same host is chosen as proxy to execute Start command on the host.
 * Same host is chosen as proxy to execute Status command on the host.
 * The host DOES physically start.
 * The host never shows status of UP.
 * I select “confirm host has been rebooted” and I see a manual fence start.
 * Host stays non-responsive.
 * I put the host in maintenance and then activate it.
 * Host still non-responsive
 * I put the host in maintenance and do a reinstall
 * Reinstall finishes and host becomes UP

So, everything seems to go fine with the HA functionality, but the host never
recovers without being reinstalled. Please let me know which logs you need to
look at to help me out with this.
Thanks

Sent withMixmax [https://mixmax.com/r/S6cJAfQTLnw8QGtnD]