[ovirt-users] VDSMD will not start after reboot

Andy farkey_2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 23:26:55 UTC 2015

Hello,
I am new to the OVIRT users group and please bear with me if this question has already been answered or discussed.   I am testing a two server install with the hosted engine.  All servers are running CentOS 6.6 and I can get the servers up and running, added, etc on the initial install without issue.  The problem arises when I reboot the servers, the ovrtmgmt network disappears thus starting the problem.
Both Servers have two bonded interfaces (one for storage and one for mgmt/user traffic) and I manually create a bond0.100 interface prior to installing the hosted engine and select that interface on install.    After a system reboot, and on both hosts the MGMT network disappears and VDSMd throws the error:
vdsm: Running restore_netsTraceback (most recent call last):  File "/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm-restore-net-config", line 137, in <module>    restore()  File "/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm-restore-net-config", line 123, in restore    unified_restoration()  File "/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm-restore-net-config", line 66, in unified_restoration    persistentConfig.bonds)  File "/usr/share/vdsm/vdsm-restore-net-config", line 91, in _filter_nets_bonds    bonds[bond]['nics'], net)KeyError: u'bond0'vdsm: stopped during execute restore_nets task (task returned with error code 1).vdsm start                                                 [FAILED]
I have tried to manually create and let the OVIRT install create the VLAN'd MGMT network on the bonded interfaces.  I have attached the  engine setup, VDSM, and connectivity logs.  Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks Andy
PS
The OVIRT version is 3.5.1CentOS is 6.6 (fully patched)The hosted engine is on an NFS share for testing which everything is resolvable and can connect.