[ovirt-users] Host remains Non-Responsive after reboot

Piotr Kliczewski piotr.kliczewski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:05:28 UTC 2015

Looking at the logs I can see that connection was lost at 2015-01-26
09:24:43,213
and I can see good number of reconnection attempts which end up with
timeout or 'no route to host'.
The connection was recovered at 2015-01-26 09:28:56,292.

Vdsm.log do not contain above connection loss (it starts at 2015-01-26
10:01:02,208).

It was lost again at 2015-01-26 11:54:58,741 and it was recovered at
2015-01-26 12:01:47,752.

I checked vdsm logs and I can see really weird lack of logs:

JsonRpc (StompReactor)::DEBUG::2015-01-26
11:52:35,893::stompReactor::98::Broker.StompAdapter::(handle_frame)
Handling message <StompFMainThread::INFO::2015-01-26
12:01:45,183::vdsm::131::vds::(run) (PID: 7021) I am the actual vdsm
4.16.10-8.gitc937927.el6 love005.ovt.visionamics.com
(2.6.32-504.3.3.el6.x86_64)
MainThread::DEBUG::2015-01-26
12:01:45,184::resourceManager::421::Storage.ResourceManager::(registerNamespace)
Registering namespace 'Storage'

which covers having no connection from the engine perspective.

Usually when there are connectivity issues we see timeouts in the logs
but here there are 'no route to host' as well
which suggest networking issues.

@Dan - Do you know what caused lack of logs in vdsm?
@ILanit - What vdsm version do you use?