[ovirt-users] gluster only hosts managed by oVirt?

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Wed Jan 28 11:03:27 UTC 2015

On 01/28/2015 04:56 AM, Kanagaraj wrote:

> On 01/27/2015 06:47 PM, Sven Kieske wrote:
>>
>> On 27/01/15 13:56, Jorick Astrego wrote:
>>> For both we provision some custom os install and configuration.
>>> Currently I am only able to manage and view gluster volumes from ovirt
>>> when the "Enable Gluster Service" is enabled for the Cluster. Right?
>> AFAIK correct.
>
> Right.
>

>>> There is a "Enable Virt Service" flag but the options is selected and
>>> greyed out. So I'm not able to disable it.
>> Mhm this is sad. I'm not aware of any bug tracking this, will you open
>> one? It's also possible I missed it, there are too many bugs to
>> remember them all.
>
> This can happen if there are any VMS in the cluster you are trying to
> edit.
>
> Do you have any VMS running on the cluster?
>
> If you create cluster with just 'Enable Gluster Service' selected, you
> should be able to manage your gluster hosts. Here the hosts need not
> to have any virtualization stuff in it.
>

> Thanks,
> Kanagaraj

Ah this could be a problem, I had been testing with nodes too that I
removed although I cannot remember the exact sequence.

There may have been some remnants of vm's on there, I'm currently
reprovisioning the whole environment so I cannot check.

What I did test before wiping everything, is creating a new cluster and
I was able to deselect the virt service and select gluster only. So that
appears to work, nice!

One problem I already noticed is that the import current gluster setup
function doesn't work properly in our environment. We use a seperate
gluster storage lan that isn't the sepearated from our ovirtmgmt lan and
I think this messes things up a bit.

But I will see after provisioning has finished.

Thanks a lot so far!

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

	Tel: 053 20 30 270 	info at netbulae.eu 	Staalsteden 4-3A 	KvK 08198180
 	Fax: 053 20 30 271 	www.netbulae.eu 	7547 TA Enschede 	BTW NL821234584B01