[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5.1 user permissions

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 08:56:23 UTC 2015

On 01/29/2015 09:35 AM, Nikolai Bochev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been running ovirt hosted engine for around a month already without
> any major interruptions. Last week i tied it to freeipa, to be able to
> give permissions to other people, but so far no success because of the
> following problem :
>
> All users can see all VM's. I tried clearing all permission entries (
> leaving the admin only ) and the re-adding and it didn't help at all.
>
> I am attaching a few screenshots to better describe :

The problem is that you are assigning system permissions.
If you assign system permissions you have permission to whole system.

If you want to assign a permission to user on a specific vm(or object),
you have to select the object, then click 'permissions' subtab, then
click 'add', then find your user and choose the role for him.