[ovirt-users] [Users] A mobile monitoring application for oVirt

Tomas Jelinek tjelinek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 10:56:17 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

cool! can't wait for results :)

> Some preliminary questions:
> - is the application suitable for tablets too? I would like t test it on a
> Samsung Note Pro too (stock 4.4.2)

yes, it should work properly

> - can I connect to multiple environments (so define for example multiple
> configurations)?

no, not now. You have to be be connected to only one.

> - does it require dns resolving engine hostname, or will it work with ip
> based configurations?

it works both with IP and hostname - you just need to have the correct address filled :) Don't forget to add both the protocol and the actual path to api, e.g.:
https://192.168.122.12:443/ovirt-engine/api
and for username don't forget to add also the domain, e.g.
admin at internal

Than you can have problems with the SSL certificates - you have to either import your cert to the phone or just select "disable https" in the movirt settings - for home setup it is enough ;)
Also, please note that if you are connecting with admin at internal (or any other user with admin permissions), select the "Admin Privilege" in the settings - than you will be able to use the search queries and such.
If you decide to unselect it, you have to make sure that VMs are actually visible to the user from which you are connecting. And also, the search queries will not be available for you - it is a limitation of oVirt's REST API.

uau, I'm so excited that someone from the community is going to test it!

Tomas