[ovirt-users] reverse lookup failure during overt engine configuration

Cam Wright cwright at cuttingedge.com.au
Sat Jan 31 14:24:10 UTC 2015

Hi Kripa,

When you set up the oVirt engine it looks like it tries to resolve the fqdn
of the machine (which in this case looks like you either haven't updated
/etc/sysconfig/network to match the fqdn you provided in the setup or you
have and haven't rebooted / reset your network stack).

I found the same thing after providing the fqdn the engine was intended to
be in oVirt 3.4 setup (I haven't built a 3.5 engine from scratch, yet) but
hadn't updated /etc/sysconfig/network so it tried to resolve
against localhost.localdomain.

Hope this helps.

-C

--

Cam Wright | IT Support Officer / SysAdmin / Trawler of Logs
*CUTTING**EDGE*

*/SYD /BNE /MEL /TYO*