[ovirt-users] R: R: R: R: PXE boot of a VM on vdsm don't read DHCP offer

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 08:01:54 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 04:32:50PM +0200, NUNIN Roberto wrote:
> Thanks for answering. My considerations below.
>
> BR,
>
> ROberto

Let's try to trace the offer for one more link. If it does not get to
the tap device vnetXXX - it is clearly a host-side issue. Maybe a bridge
module bug. If you spot the offer on the tap, the it becomes more likely
that the issue is in qemu or elsewere in the virt stack.

I would appreciate your assistence!

> > > We have also tried to remove ANY firewall rule.
> > >
> > > It isn't a PXE issue (gPXE 0.9.7) but only a DHCP process issue. Infact, if we
> > install a vm manually and assign a static IP, it works fine.
> > > If we switch to dhcp, the vm don't get the dynamic one.
> > > In this case, tcpdump on vm shows only the DHCP discovery, not the DHCP
> > offer.
> > >
> > > Any further suggestion/hint ?
>
> We have mode 4, but already checked active/backup, mode 2, without changes.

Thanks, so it's not that bonding issue.

Regards,
Dan.