[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.5.3 Host Network Interfaces

Soeren Malchow soeren.malchow at mcon.net
Mon Jul 6 13:01:05 UTC 2015

Dear Michael

We actually created the ovirtmgmt and the bond manually upfront and then
in the ³Setup Hosts Network² we basically did this again (including
setting the IP address), regarding the bonding in the gluster network we
did not have a problem, you just drag one interface onto the other and
then select the bonding mode, where you can also go for bonding mode TLB
or ALB if you choose ³custom² or just LACP if you have switches that
support this.

Step by Step:

- set the engine to maintenance and shut it down
- configure the bond on the 2 nics for the ovirtmgmt bridge ( em1+em2 ->
bond0 -> ovirtmgmt )
- configure the IP on the bridge
- reboot the server and see whethter it comes up correctly
- remove maintenance and let engine start
- Set up the ovirtmgmt in hosts networks but do not forget to set IP and
Gateway as well.

Though it should work without this hassle (if the bonding mode on the
switch and server is compatible) but this way it is easy to get server and
switch in the same mode and working without having to do anything in ovirt
first.

Hope that helps

Regards
Soeren