[ovirt-users] This VM is not managed by the engine

Roy Golan rgolan at redhat.com
Sun Jul 12 12:02:20 UTC 2015

On 07/12/2015 02:07 PM, Mark Steele wrote:
> Thank you Roy,
>
> I installed the client but am getting a permissions error when I run it
>
> [root at ovirt-01 ~]# vdsClient -s 0 list
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/vdsClient.py", line 2678, in <module>
>     serv.do_connect(hostPort)
>   File "/usr/share/vdsm/vdsClient.py", line 136, in do_connect
>     self.s = vdscli.connect(hostPort, self.useSSL, self.truststore)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/vdsm/vdscli.py", line 110, in
> connect
>     raise Exception("No permission to read file: %s" % f)
> Exception: No permission to read file: /etc/pki/vdsm/keys/vdsmkey.pem

This should work. something isn't right with your setup
is your host an ovirt-node? could be that you hit [1] . let me know what
version are you running.

please try the same with user vdsm. it should have permissions to
/etc/pki/vdsm

[1]  https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/27779/

> If I restart vdsm, will that cause any issues with running VM's on
> this ovirt installation? This is our production environment.

Generatlly the answer is no but lets avoid it if  we can for this is a
minor cosmetic issue I guess.

just as FYI - vdsm only reconnects to the socket exposed by libvirt to
control the vm lifecycle. VDSM doesn't manadate the lifecycle of a VM
unless the engine tells is so. Storage wise there could be some
operations but i'm almost sure they must not have effect on running VMs.