[ovirt-users] reinstall hosted-engine with ovirt 3.5?

Alastair Neil ajneil.tech at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:38:41 UTC 2015

Due to a moment of idiocy I accidentally upgraded my hosted-engine vm to
Fedora 22 and  now ovirt-engine will not start, I was able to get postgesql
up an running so I was able to make a backup of the engine.  As far as I
know Ovirt 3.5 is not supported on F22, so my options seem limited.

1, update to the 3.6 prerelease
2, reinstall the VM, if I were doing this I would use CentOS 7

my preference would be to fresh install the hosted-engine.  I am guessing
the way to go about this would be to shutdown the HE broker and agent
daemons on all the nodes, possibly clean the metadata? and the do a hosted
engine deploy as though migrating from an external engine.

Can anyone comment if this is reasonable?

Thanks,

-Alastair