[ovirt-users] automatic migration on power failure

Jaicel jaicel at asti.dost.gov.ph
Tue Jul 28 08:55:08 UTC 2015

Hi,

is ovirt by default not capable of automatic migration or automatic restarting
of VMs on different host during host's power failure? because i remember having
this problem on hosted-engine setup wherein my engine as well as the other
virtual machines won't automatically start on different host when i for example
switch off the server hosting the VMs.

migration when host switched to maintenance works fine as well as the migration
using the cluster policy. HA option on VM also works fine, but it only restarts on
the same host. below is our current setup.

1 SuperMicro X7DBR-3 (Engine ovirt 3.5.1.1-1.el6)
6 IBM S5000PAL (Hosts)
FreeNAS multipath iSCSI for data storage

kvm 0.12.1.2 - 2.448.el6_6.4
libvirt libvirt-0.10.2-46.el6_6.6
vdsm vdsm-4.16.20-1.git3a90f62.el6

Thanks,