[ovirt-users] Poor guest write speeds

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Wed Jul 29 05:22:29 UTC 2015

Hi Donny,

On 28/07/15 06:30 PM, Donny Davis wrote:
> Can you give this a try. Fire up a manager thats not hosted engine,
> maybe a vm on a laptop or something. And then add that centos install
> you already as a node in a datacenter that uses local storage. ... I
> have a feeling you might have had some NFS related issues with your
> write performance. If that is the case, then NFS tuning will be
> required to get what you are looking for.

I only have the one server.  I could do a oVirt All-In-One install and
use local storage on it.  You may be right about the NFS side of things;
it did occur to me to.  All the other tests I did (ESXi, "vanilla" KVM)
use true local storage.

If it works fine with the AIO/local storage install, then at least that
gives me something to look at (NFS storage)

I may be able to get to this tomorrow, but it may not be until Thu or
Fri that I can report on results, so please be patient :-)

-Alan