[ovirt-users] Ovirt and Gluster

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 29 12:24:03 UTC 2015

On 29-7-2015 13:59, Jorick Astrego wrote:
> For RHEV I don't have an answer.
>
> But for anyone that cares, we've been running oVirt 3.5 and GlusterFS
> 3.6 for about three months in production now. We run a Gluster cluster
> and a seperate virtualization hosts cluster. The Gluster cluster is
> installed, configured and managed seperately from oVirt as there is no
> way to have a seperate storage network in oVirt 3.5

I run something comparable but using a split dns to get a separate
storage network but also a storage cluster and virt cluster. The storage
is managed through ovirt though because of the split-dns.

> There have been no specific incompatibility issues, so we are very
> happy. But as we don't use every feature mileage may vary.
Question: do you use fuse mounts or libgfapi?

I use libgfapi in test, using special vdsm packages and need to test if
rebooting gluster nodes has an impact on running VMs. Select GlusterFS
storage domain in oVirt isn't guaranteed  to give you libgfapi!

Joop