[ovirt-users] Neutron Appliance questions

Robert Story rstory at tislabs.com
Wed Jul 29 14:11:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 00:40:51 -0500 Donny wrote:
DD> Depends on your setup... Are you using gre/vxlan with ovs on the hosts,
DD> or are you using the Linux bridge?

Right now I'm still in the planning stages. I've got the hosted engine up
on one host, but haven't gotten gotten the neutron appliance up yet because
I wasn't expecting it to need its own nic/interface.

Maybe some information about my setup will help.. I've got a lab and a
server room, each with their own public ip space. The server room has
internal and external production systems, and the lab has test some
important-but-not-production systems. Right now all these systems
are connected to both public and private networks through multiple
interfaces or vlans. I'd like to use neutron to eliminate the direct
connection to the public networks and use floating IPs instead. I'd also
like to isolate the internal production from public facing production, and
lab test systems from lab important systems.

I should add that I'm not a sysadmin, but a developer who was nominated to
administer group resources. So I'm learning as I go. I've been running
oVirt 3.4 in the lab for a few months, and now am wanting to get oVirt 3.5
into the server room (and eventually to migrate the lab systems to a second
'data center' of the server room install).

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed, on or off list.

Robert