[ovirt-users] Ovirt and Gluster

Ramesh Nachimuthu rnachimu at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 04:41:18 UTC 2015

On 07/29/2015 05:54 PM, Joop wrote:
> On 29-7-2015 13:59, Jorick Astrego wrote:
>> For RHEV I don't have an answer.
>>
>> But for anyone that cares, we've been running oVirt 3.5 and GlusterFS
>> 3.6 for about three months in production now. We run a Gluster
>> cluster and a seperate virtualization hosts cluster. The Gluster
>> cluster is installed, configured and managed seperately from oVirt as
>> there is no way to have a seperate storage network in oVirt 3.5
>>
> I run something comparable but using a split dns to get a separate
> storage network but also a storage cluster and virt cluster. The
> storage is managed through ovirt though because of the split-dns.

This is being addressed in oVirt 3.6. oVirt 3.6 will support gluster
storage network. Also oVirt 3.6 comes with lot of gluster specific
features like 'Storage provisioning for Gluster', 'Geo Replication
Management', 'Gluster Volume Snapshot management and Scheduling',
'Storage network for gluster' ,etc.
Stay tuned for oVirt 3.6 release :)

Regards,
Ramesh