[ovirt-users] Is it a plausible configuration?

Kiril L neohidra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:34:58 UTC 2015

Commodity hardware for storage and virtualization.

I wanted to use hosts for storage and virtualization. Two hosts are all I
need. But in order to protect data I thought that can go with 3 - using the
third one just for data storage and because of that can use a weak CPU. In
order not get a productivity penalty the 3rd host needs to have the same
CPU as the other two.

>From what i read if the hosts have different generations of CPU models,
they use only the features present in all models.
Does it relates to instructions only?

To be precise X and Y have 2 CPUs. Does it mean that the third host also
needs to have 2 CPUs?
What will happen if I use just one CPU which have less cores (then each in
X and Y) but the same instruction set extensions?