[ovirt-users] Is it a plausible configuration?

Юрий Полторацкий y.poltoratskiy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 06:40:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

Pardon me for jumping in subj, but...

Could you explain me in a few words or give a link where to read about
"split-brain"?

I made a lab: cluster (virt and gluster services both) based on two server.
With this options:
 cluster.server-quorum-type none
 cluster.quorum-type fixed
 cluster.quorum-count 1
I get a cluster that worked just fine even with only one host alive.

I have run VM on a not SPM host B, have made some files, then on the SPM
host A have stoped network service (host has gone, no power management),
have made some huge files on the VM again, after that I have rebooted
manualy the host A and there was no unexpected result. VM have worked
without problem, I have rebooted the VM several times and there were no
problems with any files I have made before.

I want to build a cluster with only two hosts, because I have only two good
servers free, and only 8x3TB HDD (for RAID10 in each host). To get one more
server and 4HDD is unbelievable in a close future..

Thanks.