[ovirt-users] All-In-One on CentOS 7.1

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:29:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com>
wrote:

> I'm not sure to have understood the question. The program executed are the
> same, the only difference is in the engine-setup plugins called that
> performs additional initialization for the data domain and those plugins
> are in the all-in-one subpackage of ovirt-engine-setup.
> The only difference I'm aware of in calling ovirt-host-deploy is that on
> AIO the automatic configuration of the firewall is disabled because it's
> already done by the setup.
>

> > Gianluca

I mean:

when you have separate engine + hosts you asynchronously deploy engine with
engine-setup and this command doesn't care at all about host deploy.
Then when you are comfortable, you add a host from the engine gui and here
some program, call it PROGRAM_A I think is called from engine server itself
towards the designated host

when you deploy AIO, the host part is automatically embedded at the end of
engine setup phase and I presume PROGRAM_B is called from the engine itself
towards itself as it is the designated host to deploy

If what I wrote above is correct which is the relation between PROGRAM_A
and PROGRAM_B?
Are they the same? If not, is there the chance that PRGRAM_B has not
aligned to deploy CentOS 7.1 hosts, while PROGRAM_A has been aligned?
Hope to have vlarified my point and doubts about possible problems.

Gianluca