[ovirt-users] Move VirtIO disk to External LUN disk

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Mon Jun 8 08:55:57 UTC 2015

On 06.06.2015 17:48, Juan Carlos YJ. Lin wrote:
> I have performance issue with the VirtIO disks and like to move it to External
> LUN on the ISCI storage
What version are you using? I assume here 3.5.

Do you want the disk image moved or the *content* of the image moved to
your iscsi lun so the VM boots off directly from the lun? The first
thing is quite easy and I assume this:
  to use the ISCSI pathtrought
> How I can do that?
1. connect your LUN to your hosts,

- In the GUI,

2. create a new iscsi Storage domain on it,
3. Shut down the affected VM,
4. Navigate to the disk tap, select the affected disks, right-click - >
move disk (or select several and use the button). In the pop up window,
select the target storage domain (your new iscsi LUN).

The SPM host will now do the moving using the qemu-img or dd command
depending on your ovirt version. Note, if the source domain was NFS,
your images are converted from files to block storage, with all the pros
and cons.

Hope that helps,

--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767