[ovirt-users] Unable to use the SPICE HTML5 tool

Nicolás nicolas at devels.es
Wed Jun 10 17:04:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm using oVirt 3.5.2 on a CentOS box. As far as the engine goes
everything is working fine, except that I can't start the SPICE HTML5
tool for any of the installed machines I have.

I've installed the oVirt guest agent on the VM side, websocket-proxy is
running and port 6100 is listening on the engine box:

    # systemctl status ovirt-websocket-proxy
    ovirt-websocket-proxy.service - oVirt Engine websockets proxy
        Loaded: loaded
    (/usr/lib/systemd/system/ovirt-websocket-proxy.service; enabled)
        Active: active (running)

    # netstat -atpn | grep 6100
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6100 0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
    7227/python

Also, I imported the CA cert (https://fqdn/ca.crt) on the browser.
However, once I run the SPICE HTML5 client from the userportal, all I
get is an empty grey square with the two "Send ctrl+alt+delete" and
"Toggle messages output" buttons at the bottom. Nothing in the logs
about this issue. I tried to run it both with Chromium and Firefox on a
linux box.

Is there anything that I am missing? I've run out of ideas...

Thanks.

Nicolás