[ovirt-users] All-In-One on CentOS 7.1

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 13:10:44 UTC 2015

Il 05/06/2015 09:29, Gianluca Cecchi ha scritto:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com <mailto:sbonazzo at redhat.com>> wrote:
>

>     I'm not sure to have understood the question. The program executed are the same, the only difference is in the engine-setup plugins called that
>     performs additional initialization for the data domain and those plugins are in the all-in-one subpackage of ovirt-engine-setup.
>     The only difference I'm aware of in calling ovirt-host-deploy is that on AIO the automatic configuration of the firewall is disabled because it's
>     already done by the setup.
>
>     >
>     > Gianluca
>

> I mean:
>
> when you have separate engine + hosts you asynchronously deploy engine with engine-setup and this command doesn't care at all about host deploy.
> Then when you are comfortable, you add a host from the engine gui and here some program, call it PROGRAM_A I think is called from engine server itself
> towards the designated host

When a engine + separate host is deployed, engine scp ovirt-host-deploy there and perform the full host deployment running ovirt-host-deploy.
This includes iptables configuration for vdsm if requested.

> when you deploy AIO, the host part is automatically embedded at the end of engine setup phase and I presume PROGRAM_B is called from the engine itself
> towards itself as it is the designated host to deploy

When a engine is deployed AIO, engine-setup takes care of configuring iptables for BOTH the engine and vdsm and then engine run ovirt-host-deploy on
the system _without_ configuring iptables. engine-setup then takes care of creating the data domain and attach it to the datacenter.

So PROGRAM_A and PROGRAM_B are the same program, just run with different configuration.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com