[ovirt-users] VDSM network persistence through re-install

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 17:28:10 UTC 2015

I recently found that when I reinstall a VDSM host via the engine
interface, if that host was actually re-provisioned via kickstart, the
network settings defined in the engine are lost.  Before the re-install I
had defined 4 bonds and attached 5 logical networks to the host.  After a
re-install only ovirtmgmt was attached to the node.  Is it intended
behavior that a host's network configuration in the ovirt-engine be lost
when a host is re-provisioned ?  If I have to re-deploy a node, is there a
way to make the ovirt-engine define networks for that host get applied to
the re-deployed system?

Thanks,
- Trey