[ovirt-users] disaster recovery

Dan Yasny dyasny at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 18:23:19 UTC 2015

Anaconda and Kickstart are dangerous in FC environments and have been known
to wipe all kinds of data if zoning wasn't properly done prior to os
deployment to new hosts.

Nothing to do with oVirt, it's a common mistake people make at least once
before they step on this specific rake.
On Jun 21, 2015 2:09 PM, "Nathanaël Blanchet" <blanchet at abes.fr> wrote:

> In a traditional installation of an ovirt host, it seems that
> provisionning the OS is the first step before talking about vdsm. I didn't
> go further, the problem is that this host saw the production LUN and the
> kickstart took all the lun into the same VG with a XFS format.
> Yes it is an error from myself for not having dissociated the lun.
> Yes it is an error from myself for not having taken care of having
> snapshot lun level backup.
> But now what should I do?
> My idea was to use pvreduce to unlabel the LUN, and then using the
> /etc/lvm/backup/lun for recovering physical volume metadata on that lun (
> http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/recovermetadata.html)
>
> Le 21/06/2015 12:02, mots a écrit :
>
>> Let me get this straight:
>>
>> You added a new host and instead of letting VDSM manage the VM storage
>> you added it manually, completely independent from oVirt, during an
>> unattended installation of the host OS? In a production environment?
>>
>> Why?

>>> 34193 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5