[ovirt-users] VDSM network persistence through re-install

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 08:35:49 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 12:28:10PM -0500, Trey Dockendorf wrote:
> I recently found that when I reinstall a VDSM host via the engine
> interface, if that host was actually re-provisioned via kickstart, the
> network settings defined in the engine are lost.  Before the re-install I
> had defined 4 bonds and attached 5 logical networks to the host.  After a
> re-install only ovirtmgmt was attached to the node.  Is it intended
> behavior that a host's network configuration in the ovirt-engine be lost
> when a host is re-provisioned ?  If I have to re-deploy a node, is there a
> way to make the ovirt-engine define networks for that host get applied to
> the re-deployed system?

Yes, this is the inteded behavior, though some consider this a design
bug. Network config is persisted on each host, and Engine do not
automatically applies its own definitions ona re-provisioned host,
however, we have

    1194297     [RFE] Allow to synchronize all networks on an
    out-of-sync host

in the works, which would make life easier in such conditions.

Dan.