[ovirt-users] Upgrade to 3.5.3 fails on ovirt-engine-notifier service

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:09:57 UTC 2015

I just upgraded from 3.5.1 to 3.5.3 and found the end of engine-setup
failed because of the ovirt-engine-notifier service.  The logs indicate
that the MAIL_SERVER option was not set.  I had set this before via Puppet
and know it was working because right before I started the upgrade I was
receiving event notifications.  It appears as though the RPM (or some other
mechanism) set the config file
at /usr/share/ovirt-engine/services/ovirt-engine-notifier/ovirt-engine-notifier.conf
back to its original state with my changes removed.

Attached is the log from engine-setup.

Is this a bug?  I was able to work around this by manually setting
MAIL_SERVER back to the value I had already set previously and then
re-running engine-setup.  Even after re-running engine-setup I noticed I
had to manually start ovirt-engine-notifier service.

Thanks,
- Trey