[ovirt-users] Failed to get size for volume %s issue

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Wed Jun 24 17:47:59 UTC 2015

Hello all,
I've recovered an inactive storage domain with pvcreate and the latest
/etc/lvm/backup/vgid file. Vms never stop running during this operation.
Now the storage domain is up but I can't reboot any vms.
All vms boot with the same error : VM xxxx is down with error. Exit
message: ('Failed to get size for volume %s',
u'a7584bd1-1fb9-48a9-9b04-bd8a1d35660a').
If I stop running Vms, I can't boot them anymore.
If I'm looking for this volume Id with lvs command on a host, I can't
find it.
It looks like that the id of the LV which is used to boot the VM is not
the same as the one in the backup file and lvs.
Knowing that I can't export these up or down vms or booting them, how
can I recover them for now?

Thank you for your help.

--
Nathanaël Blanchet