[ovirt-users] Can´t use a VM Network VLAN, because the Virtual Machines inside can't reach the Gateway

Donny Davis donny at cloudspin.me
Tue Jun 30 22:51:15 UTC 2015

Vlans are layer 2, sounds like a tagging problem. Cisco switches? The tag
sticks to the host bridge, but is being stripped off when it leaves the
host.... Is your switch in access mode or trunk?
Hi Friends of oVirt

I'm trying to migrate my company from VMware to oVirt.
In my final tests, I set up 2 more VLANs in oVirt, (VM VLANs)
The Virtual Machines in these VLANs, can be reached from the external IPs
from the net range,
but from the Virtual machines only can ping the Host with the Bridge and
itself, can't reach the gateway. ¿?

I configured a IP Forwarding in the Host with the virtual machine, and
nothing changes...

Any idea ? This is the last duty before embrace oVirt in the company.

Look to the VLAN 100 configuration (My desired VM Network):

http://postimg.org/image/7hrog0a2n/

http://postimg.org/image/68b40i1vr/

http://postimg.org/image/lu6mlshgp/

http://postimg.org/image/540o1qc0t/