[ovirt-users] Change network of ovirt-nodes of a self-hosted engine cluster

Kostyrev Aleksandr kostyrev at tutu.ru
Wed Mar 25 09:32:11 EDT 2015

Good day!

I'm in position when I have to change network settings of three
ovirt-nodes that comprise my cluster with hosted engine.
Am I correct that to change network is not a big deal and it is
possible?
My plan was:
1. shutdown all vms (except engine itself) on all nodes.
2. enable maintenance mode on all nodes, except the one with running
engine
3. change network settings in engine node
4. shut engine down with hosted-engine --vm-stop
5. change network settings on all nodes, verify that nodes can ping each
other
6. start engine with hosted-engine --vm-start
7. change VLAN tag at Logical Network for VMs
8. activate nodes
9. start vms

Does it make sense?

--