[ovirt-users] hosted-engine : how to shutdown hosts?

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Mar 1 07:26:12 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

The hosts? Did you look at their console and see that they actually "reboot
after a short while"? Or perhaps they do not shutdown at all and reboot
instead?

> Is this the expected behaviour or a known bug? How can I cleanly
> shutdown my OVirt-environment?

I think that before shutting down a host you should move it to local
maintenance. Not sure, however, how it was started back. Please try and
report back. Thanks!

Also:

Do you have fencing enabled?

You wrote '"shutdown -h now" on the hosts'. What happens if you shutdown
just one of them and then wait a bit? Does it get started too?

Are you certain that 'shutdown -h now' worked on these hosts before the
setup - that it's not some kernel/bios/etc issue?

Best,
--
Didi