[ovirt-users] about HA or live migration

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 00:05:14 UTC 2015

Il 05/Mar/2015 18:58 "rino" <villadalmine at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hi,
> I was wondering to know if the same concept that have vmware about
migrate machine between nodes is available in ovirt.

> The scenario start when i partner tell me that he have this features in
vmware, he can move a vm between host without any impact, but the
limitation is only three nodes per host, because it do like a special copy
of memory and othres stuff every momento so if the host fail the machine
instantaneously will be ready in the other host without any impact.

> is that possible in ovirt ? or what happen if a host crash with all vm
that it have  or if it have something similar like mark a vm very important
and do a special task with it in case that everything crash.. or whatever
other solution have..
> I want to show that we have it on ovirt or can solve this kind of problem
>

> Regards

You had better starting to read oVirt Administrator Guide at
http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_Administration_Guide

For you particular questions the answer is almost yes for all and you can
read about them at 6.7.1 8.13 and 8.14
VMware FT (fault tolerance), as you describe in your scenario, is not
available (yet) as far as I know...
Gianluca