[ovirt-users] Interesting issue with gluster and ovirt3.5.1

Pat Pierson ihasn2004 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 02:01:03 UTC 2015

I am having a very strange issue with ovirt 3.5.1 and gluster.  I have a
gluster volume with 4 nodes.  One node is specifically set as the node
hosting the gluster volume in my ovirt cluster however today it died.  I
tried working around it my modifying the hostname in the entry to another
node that is hosting the gluster volume but couldnt find a way to do it
other then modifying the entry in the progress table.  Doing that didnt
help either. So I resorted to removing the storage entry by destroying the
entry.  I am now attempting to add the data store back into ovirt however
it fails.  ovirt-engine does not report any errors. I did find the
following log on one of the nodes that stated my gluster volume was in read
only mode however I am able to mount the volume manually and add/remove
files with no issues.

Has anyone seen this before?