[ovirt-users] Troubles starting hosted engine

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 08:30:36 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

It's written in /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/hosted-engine.conf
If you deployed more than one host, you need to explicitly fix it on each of them.

> My second issue might be harder.  Again during the setup I was prompted
> for a location of an ISO file for installing the engine's OS.  That
> location is served by NFS and is auto-mounted by /etc/fstab (and
> systemd).  Here's the hitch: my NFS server is now a VM in my cluster.
> :-)  Since I only have a single hypervisor host right now that ISO isn't
> reachable when I'm trying to start my engine VM so that I can also start
> the VM that provides the NFS share.  I'm getting away with evil right
> now by touching an empty file at the same path, which gets obscured once
> the NFS share is mounted, but it's enough.

You need that ISO file just to install the OS when you create the engine VM on the first host: you don't need a shared domain for that.
So my suggestion is just to copy that ISO image on the first host and use it locally. You can destroy it when the setup is done.