[ovirt-users] Error during hosted-engine-setup for 3.5.1 on F20 (Cannot add the host to cluster ... SSH has failed)

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 09:23:10 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

It's the engine that needs to open an SSH connection to the host calling it by its hostname.
So please be sure that you can SSH to the host from the engine using its hostname and not its IP address.
Till hosted-engine hosts were simply identified by their IP address but than we had some bug report on side effects of that.
So now we generate and sign certs using host hostnames and so the engine should be able to correctly resolve them.

> When I log into the Administration portal, the engine VM does not appear
> under the Virtual machine view (it's empty).

It's cause the setup didn't complete.

> I've attached what I think are the relevant logs.
>
> Also, when my host reboots, the ovirt-ha-broker and ovirt-ha-agent services
> do not come up automatically. I have to use systemctl to start them
> manually.

It's cause the setup didn't complete.

> This is a fresh Fedora 20 machine installing a fresh copy of Ovirt 3.5.1.
>
> What's the cleanest approach to restore/complete sanity of my setup please?

First step is to clarify what went wrong in order to avoid it in the future.
Than, if you want a really sanity environment for production use I'd suggest to redeploy.

So
 hosted-engine --vm-poweroff
empty the storage domain share and deploy again