[ovirt-users] Error during hosted-engine-setup for 3.5.1 on F20 (Cannot add the host to cluster ... SSH has failed)

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Mon Mar 9 11:48:37 UTC 2015

On 03/09/2015 07:12 AM, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:

> [...]

OK, I see a couple of problems.
First off, I didn't have my deploying-host hostname in the hosts map for my engine.
After adding it to /etc/hosts (both hostname and FQDN), when I try to ssh from root at engine to root at host it is prompting me for a password.

On my engine, ~root/.ssh does not contain any keys.
On my host, ~root/.ssh has authorized_keys, and in it there is a key with the comment "ovirt-engine".

It's possible that I inadvertently removed ~root/.ssh on engine while I was preparing the engine (I started to set up my own no-password logins and then thought better and cleaned up, not realizing that some prior setup affecting that directory had occurred). That would explain the second issue.

How/when does the key for root at engine get populated to the host's ~root/.ssh/authenticated_keys during setup?

-Bob