[ovirt-users] VDSM memory consumption

ybronhei ybronhei at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 13:42:03 UTC 2015

On 03/10/2015 12:19 AM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 12:17:00PM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
>> Once upon a time, Dan Kenigsberg <danken at redhat.com> said:
>>> I'm afraid that we are yet to find a solution for this issue, which is
>>> completly different from the horrible leak of supervdsm < 4.16.7.
>>>
>>> Could you corroborate the claim of
>>>      Bug 1147148 - M2Crypto usage in vdsm leaks memory
>>> ? Does the leak disappear once you start using plaintext transport?
>>
>> So, to confirm, it looks like to do that, the steps would be:
>>
>> - In the [vars] section of /etc/vdsm/vdsm.conf, set "ssl = false".
>> - Restart the vdsmd service.
>>
>> Is that all that is needed?
>
> No. You'd have to reconfigure libvirtd to work in plaintext
>
>      vdsm-tool congfigure --force
>
> and also set you Engine to work in plaintext (unfortunately, I don't
> recall how's that done. surely Yaniv does)
if the host already managed by the engine you can move it to
maintenance, set directly in vdc_options table by psql client to your
db- update to False in vdc_options the value of
'EncryptHostCommunication' 'SSLEnabled' options, then restart ovirt-engine.
expect the engine side, run also the changes on host (ssl=False and
configure --force as Dan mentions above) and reactivate the host.

--
Yaniv Bronhaim.