[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] oVirt node, hosted-engine, oVirt appliance and cloud-init

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 13:38:01 UTC 2015

On Mar 13, 2015, at 20:53 , Tolik Litovsky <tlitovsk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> First of all I think cloud-init is optional so user can select if use it or not.
> So if somebody wants to deploy hosted engine the hard way by installing it on OS , its his choice allowed too.

in this case you can require the user to pre-install the cloud-init rpm or use a cloud-ready images
we use this approach for neutron appliance, though, to be fair…last time I tried it on the latest image cloud-init just doesn't work:) it's not really a rock-solid thingie…but in normal conditions it seems to work, more or less.

virt-sysprep is another way, not requiring and guest-side cooperation

Thanks,
michal