[ovirt-users] ipv6 export domain

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 16:23:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 02:03:53PM +0100, Nathanaël Blanchet wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I have 15 ovirt hosts running vdsm, and no problem with el6 ones. However,
> all of my el7 hosts (freshly installed because provided with no OS) meet
> this issue.
> I don't need ipv6 for the moment (maybe in 10 years :)), so the best way is
> to deactivate it.

> As I said, the issue seems to come frome ipv6 dns resolution, so it could be
> a DNS issue...
> Something else : before registering the el7 hosts, I use nmtui so as to
> configure a few network feature, like vlan for the upcoming ovirmgmt
> network. I didn't take care of the default options in this ui, but maybe
> something is related to ipv6 here.

I understand; and thank you for making this problem and its workaround known.
However, I'd love to solve this issue without completely disabling ipv6
on the host; other ovirt users may need ipv6 in this decade.

Thus, I'd appreciate if you can reproduce the issue.
Can you share the blocking vdsm command? Was it the mount command?
Something later? It would be great if it can be retried from the command
line, and possibly tcpdumped.

Regards,
Dan.