[ovirt-users] Fedora 21 as Ovirt (hypervisor) host

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 08:02:54 UTC 2015

Il 16/03/2015 19:42, Markus Stockhausen ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> back in december there was a discussion about Ovirt on Fedora 21. From
> my point of view that was about ovirt engine. So I'm somehow lost if
> Fedora 21 is at least supported as hypervisor host. Anyone with deeper
> knowledge?
>
> The reason I'm asking:
>
> We are currently on FC20 + virt-preview and enjoy the feature of live
> merges. But with BZ1199182 (snapshot deletion bug) I guess we might
> need newer libvirt builds. With virt-preview for FC20 no longer in
> maintenance we would ony be on the save side with FC21.
>
> Markus

Hi Markus,
Dan Kenigsberg pushed changes to our automated build system for building VDSM on Fedora 21 for 3.5.
I've not checked if he finished the porting of the required components into ovirt-3.5-snapshot, CCing him.
As far as I know, there's willing to support Fedora 22 in 3.6 but no plans to support Fedora 21 either in 3.5 or in 3.6.
As hypervisor host Dan can tell you better about VDSM plans for supporting Fedora 21, but I've not seen any feature proposal or bugs tracking the
effort in that direction.