[ovirt-users] virtio-blk-data-plane

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 15:26:32 UTC 2015

On 20 Mar 2015, at 16:17, Itamar Heim wrote:

> On 03/19/2015 09:55 AM, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 27, 2014, at 09:09 , Wolfgang Bucher <wolfgang.bucher at netland-mn.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> is it possible to use virtio-blk-data-plane in ovirt with el7 host.
>>
>> Hi,
>> no, not yet, planned for 3.6 though.
>>

> can a hook be temporarily used to validate the feature/use case in underlying component (if relevant)?

yes
there are various limitations in 7.0 which are supposed to be nailed down in later RHEL updates before 3.6 is released.
So I wouldn't use live merge with it….but otherwise, yes.
Should be enough to add  iothreads parameter to a non virtio-scsi VM [1]
note it needs recent libvirt, so you better be running 7.1 or pull them from elsewhere

Thanks,
michal

[1] https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsIOThreadsAllocation