[ovirt-users] Data Storage Creation issue

ronald ronaldoz at optonline.net
Sun Mar 22 17:01:03 UTC 2015

I am a still a new comer to Ovirt virtualization arena

I have installed an older ver of ovirt (3.1). I have installed the
appropriate standalone hypervisor and ovirt manager on separate servers.

Presently, my configuration is 'internal'

I . I have successfully created  data center
2. I have successfully create cluster
3. I have successfully attached the cluster to the only host that I have
(hypervisor)
4. I have a problem configuring my storage domain:
     a. my objective is to use the exported file system from the third
system for the storage domain.
        (note I don't have the vdsm user on the the third server)
     b. I used 192.168.1.15:/stor  (which is exported from the third system)

I noticed that Ovirt is not happy if I keep the storage file system on
the ovirt-manager server.  I require fqdn:/file system
But I don't have a domain controller running or directory server running
so that I cannot attach fqdn:/file system to the manager.

It there a work around for this so that I can attach a storage?

Appreciate your assistance.